Blogger Backgrounds

Monday, June 14, 2010

Not Much to Say


I haven't blogged much lately. And I can't even blame it on the move.

As far as the move goes, I don't have much motivation. It's overwhelming how much I have to do. An entire household isn't an easy thing to pack up. And I think I'm dragging things out because I really don't want to deal with the tough challenge we're going to have soon.

I can't get into what that challenge is for the sake of my family. But once we're settled in to our new town, I can fill in the blanks.

So here I sit, day after day, knowing I need to pack things and not wanting to do it. My living room sits full of empty boxes waiting to be filled.

But the really fun news is I get to see my new little town THIS WEEK!! I'm so excited about that I can hardly stand it! We're taking the first load of stuff up this week (and yes, THAT stuff is packed), and it's the first chance we have to see where we're going to be living and start meeting some people. While there are definite advantages to going somewhere that a handshake actually means something - like the fact that an awesome worker can be hired based on a phone call and word-of-mouth, it does create some challenges - like accepting a job offer in a town you've never even visited! Along with seeing my new town, we're going to make arrangements to look at the house we're thinking we want to buy. I'm really excited to see it in person. Internet pictures are so limited.

But that also brings out again, just how amazing the internet is. I can house-hunt in North Dakota without leaving my living room in Montana! That was completely impossible not that many years ago. Technology is wonderful!
.
The title of today's entry pretty much sums it all up. Just not much to say. No motivation to pack, no motivation to blog. I even skipped yesterday's Stupid Criminal Saturday. I started to post one, but I realized it was pretty much the same story as last week - drunk idiot calls 911 for a stupid reason and gets arrested for misuse of 911.

Hopefully soon, there will be more to say. :)

0 comments: